Dual Interface Contact and Contactless Smart Card Reader
OMNIKEY® 5422 represents the ultimate combination of contact and contactless technology in a single device. The solution features a dual interface, PC-linked reader that reads/writes to both a 13.56 MHz contactless smart card and virtually any contact smart card to support environments where both contact and contactless smart card technologies are required.
➤ Versatile – Ideal for end-user environments using both contact and contactless smart card technology and migration scenarios
➤ Leverages existing employee badge – Expands the usage of existing physical access cards to computer logon, as well as network and cloud applications.
➤ Easy to install – Eliminates the need to install drivers; uses native supported CCID drivers within the operating system.
➤ Increased security and improved user experience – Read and retrieve highly secure one-time passwords (OTP) from Seos® card.
- Designed for traditional clients as well as thin-client products and solutions.
- Uses native CCID driver from the operating system – no additional driver installation required.
- Supports a broad range of operating systems and works with the native CCID driver and PC/SC-API from the operating system. Windows, Linux, Apple, and Android*.
- Supports contactless smarts cards with up to 848 Kbps in the fastest ISO 14443 transmission mode.
- Interoperable with various smart card technologies, tags, and standards such as ISO 14443 A/B, ISO 7816, Seos® (OTP only)
- Support for HID Global solutions: ActivID® ActivClient, ActivID® Applets, and HID Trusted Tag® Service.
Browse HID Solutions