Ransomware’s New Game
is a Killer
The GandCrab ransomware reportedly earned
With the addition of two additional prevalent ransomware variants to the RaaS sales model, ransomware not only continues to be
15 Things to Implement
- Patch and update your operating systems, devices and software.
- Use inventory tools and IOC lists to prioritize which assets are at
- Update your network IPS signatures and your device antivirus and anti-malware tools.
- Back up your systems and store backups offline,
alongsideany devices needed for network recovery.
- Run recovery drills and pre-assign responsibilities so systems
are oftenrestored quickly within theevent of a successful breach.
- Update your email and web security gateways
to seeemail attachments, websites, and files for malware.
- Use a sandbox to execute and analyze new or unrecognized files
during asafe environment.
- Block advertisements and social media sites that
haven’t anybusiness relevance.
- Use zero-trust network access
that hasvirus assessments so users can’t infect business-critical applications, data, or services.
- Inspect and block bring-your-own-devices that
don’tmeet the safetypolicy.
- Use application whitelisting
to stopunauthorized applications from being downloaded or run.
- Prevent unauthorized SaaS applications with a CASB solution.
- Segment your network into security zones
to stopthe spread of infection.
- Use forensic analysis tools
to spotwhere and infection came from, how long it’sbeen in your environment, make sure youhave removed all of it from every device, and ensure it doesn’t come.
around theweakest link in your security system – the people thatuse your devices and applications. Training is importantbut limited. Proper tools, likesecure email gateways, for instance, can eliminate most if not all phishing emails and malicious attachments.
Protection Requires Preparation
As cybercriminals expand the RaaS market with new ransomware variants to expand their earning potential, enterprises
Download Free Fortinet Resource
Get access to authentic content from one of the leading security experts in the world from the Philippines’ premier technology provider.