As we wrap up a “winning” week at the 2017 RSA conference in San Francisco, attended by more than 45,000, I am excited to highlight incredible momentum from our Threat Report, recent industry awards, and most importantly the conversations with our loyal customers and partners. We are excited to hear the overwhelming enthusiasm for the 2017 Annual Threat Report, the launch of Email Security 9.0 with Capture, the technical preview of SonicOS 6.2.7, and our SecureFirst Partner Program. In the kiosks in our booth, we demoed solutions to prevent breaches, stop phishing attacks, block ransomware, uncover SSL encrypted threats and identify compromised IoT devices.
All of the innovation to get ahead of the cyber arms race we are delivering to the marketplace has resulted in four awards. Just yesterday, SonicWall won the prestigious SC Magazine Trust Award for Best UTM Security Solution for our SonicWall TZ Firewall Series. The TZ is the most secure, sophisticated and widely deployed small-business firewall platforms on the market today. The TZ Series offers a range of Unified Threat Management solutions for SMB and distributed enterprises across retail, government, remote sites and branch offices.
SonicWall also won in three categories from InfoSecurity Products Guide – Global Excellence Awards:
New Products and Services
- GOLD for SonicWall Cloud Global Management System (GMS) v1
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Security
- SILVER for SonicWall Secure Mobile Access 1000 Series (version OS 12.0)
Advanced Persistent Threat Detection and Response
- BRONZE for SonicWall Capture Advanced Threat Protection Service (Capture ATP) v1
The conference was also an opportunity to showcase our ground breaking 2017 SonicWall Annual Threat Report. We continue to build on the momentum of the unique threat data presented in the report. Among the findings discussed were:
- Volume of unique malware samples declined to 60 million, a 6.25 percent decrease.
- Point-of-sale malware creation declined by 93% percent since 2014.
- Secure Sockets Layer/Transport Layer Security encrypted traffic increased by 34 percent year-over-year.
- Cyber criminals shifted their focus to new threats, including ransomware attacks which grew by 167x year-over-year. Internet of Things devices created a new attack vector opening the door for large scale distributed denial-of-service attacks.
Because email is a constant target for attacks, we had a kiosk presenting our new SonicWall Email Security 9.0 with Capture ATP. The cloud sandboxing allows you to deploy a next-gen solution for protecting email files, stop phishing and block zero-day attacks and ransomware.
We are also celebrating the launch of our SonicWall Secure First Partner Program. As a 100% channel company, SecureFirst is the way our channel partners access the entire SonicWall portfolio of technology and solutions. With the different levels of commitment to the program come various levels of rewards and benefits. Central to the new program is Reward for Value, SonicWall’s partner profitability framework that rewards partners for the value they bring to selling, implementing, and supporting SonicWall solutions. And SecureFirst is off to a really fast start. In the first 90 days:
- SecureFirst program registrations reached 8,563 across 90 countries
- SecureFirst registrations in North America exceeded 5,400
- SecureFirst New Partner Registrations more than 1,500
- SecureFirst partner deal registrations spike 66% since divestiture
At SonicWall, we are committed to helping our customers and partners fight the attacks to get ahead of the cyber arms race with the intelligence of our GRID Network, next-gen firewalls, extending our award-winning Capture capabilities with our Email Security solutions, and IoT security to protect the enterprise and drive business productivity. Our goal is to have our award-winning breach prevention, IoT device security and encrypted threat solutions reinforce each other and defend independently to ensure we are setting the highest level of protection for value for our customers and partners.