Updated as of 07 December 2020
MEC Networks Corporation, its subsidiaries, and affiliates (“MEC“, “we“, “us” or “our”), being the Personal Information Controller (PIC), is committed to the protection of privacy of any individual (“Data Subjects”) as well as the confidentiality of personal data which you may provide to MEC or which MECmay collect from you (collectively, “Personal Data”), pursuant to Republic Act No. 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and the implementing rules, regulations, and issuances of the National Privacy Commission.
Personal Data That We Collect and Process
In connection with your accounts and transactions with us, we would be needing to collect some of your Personal Data such as the following:
- personal information such as full name, citizenship, gender, educational background, and membership in organizations
- contact information such as office address, phone numbers, and email address
- work-related information such as position in the Company, and government-issued identification numbers (Tax Identification, SEC Certificate Registration, Business Permit, License number, and similar information)
- such other information as it may deem reasonably necessary for business purposes
Any additional Personal Data that you may provide through your correspondence(s) with MEC shall also be considered and treated as Personal Data.
Personal Data Collection Methods
We may collect your Personal Data either via MEC online portals or thru any paper-based forms. Below are just some of the avenues:
- Dealership Application – When you apply as a Dealer
- Supplier Accreditation – When you wish to be part of our vendor pool
- Order Form – When you order any of our products & services
- Case Creation portal – When you request for any support from us
- When you access our website, or thru our third party’s website, or perform an online transaction
- When you interact with any of our employees & our third-party Data Processors
- Job Application – When you submit a work application to us
- Health Check link – When you enter our premises for contact tracing
- Event Registration – When you sign up to join any of our physical/virtual events
- Surveys – When you answer questionnaires for marketing/product improvement/service improvement purposes
Where personal data is submitted by you on behalf of another individual or concerns another individual other than yourself (or, in the case of situations where you, as a representative of your company or organization, are submitting the personal data of individuals as part of the disclosures by the company or organization to us), you represent and warrant to us that all the necessary consents have been obtained from the relevant individuals and that you have retained proof of these consents, such proof to be provided to us upon our request.
What We Do with Personal Data
Upon receiving your accomplished forms, MEC may use any or all of the Personal Data for business coordination such as the below activities (but not limited to):
- Evaluation, approval, and confirmation of your registration such as dealership application and supplier accreditation, etc.
- Providing you with invitations for bid requirements, requests for quotation, and confirmation of orders;
- Sending invitations for partner’s or end-user training
- Signing of Contracts
- Delivery of Goods
- Contact Tracing
- Project Documentations
- Provide marketing and promotional materials in relation to MEC’s products and services. Should you wish not to be contacted for such purposes, you may opt-out by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retention of Personal Data
MEC shall retain and secure all Personal Data for as long as necessary for legitimate business purposes.
Disclosure and Sharing of Personal Data
We may disclose and share personal data under the custody of the company on a need-to-know basis with lawful purpose to:
- Authorized employees & personnel
- Subsidiaries & Affiliates
- Contractors & Service Providers
- Government and Law Enforcement Agencies
- Buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of MEC’s assets
- Other stakeholders such as officers and auditors to conduct investigations of breaches of MEC’s internal policies, laws, and regulations, enforce appropriate sanction/s, pursue legal actions if necessary or if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of MEC, our subsidiaries, and affiliates, officers, employees, customers, or other third parties.
Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Personal Data
You are entitled to certain rights in relation to the Personal Data, including the right to be informed of the processing of your Personal Data, to object to such processing, to access and correct your Personal Data, to request the deletion thereof, and to lodge a complaint before the National Privacy Commission in case of violation of your rights as Data Subject.
You may send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct, and/or delete any Personal Data that you have provided to us. Please be advised, however, that if you ask us to delete, stop collecting, using, disclosing, or if you refuse to provide your Personal Data accurately, it could potentially restrict or totally prevent MEC’s ability to execute your transaction with us.
Also, we may not accommodate a request to correct and/or delete your Personal Data, if we believe that it will affect MEC’s right to collect payments for any ordered and/or delivered goods, products, and services, or if it will violate any law or legal requirement.
Security of Personal Data
We have implemented technical, organizational, and physical measures designed to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Personal Data that will secure such from unauthorized destruction, access, alteration, disclosure, fraudulent use, and/or any other unlawful processing, as well as other natural and human dangers.
Should you have any questions and/or concerns regarding this Notice, MEC’s use of your Personal Data, or your rights in relation thereto under the Data Privacy Act of 2012, please do not hesitate to contact the MEC Data Protection Officer at the following: firstname.lastname@example.org and (+632) 84226888.